The ESTEEM tool is an outcome of a European Research Project called Create Acceptance (EU/DG Energy/FP7 Contract n° 518351 see www.createacceptance.net).
Our objective in this project was to develop a methodology and a set of tools that would facilitate societal acceptance of renewable energy projects and projects on the rational use of energy practices. The target group of the methodology are the project managers managing the new energy projects.
The consortium was a mix between social science institutes and universities researchers and of technology developers under the coordination of the Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands (ECN). They included:
- Bianca Poti and Monica di Fiore at CERIS – Instituto di recerca sull’impressa e lo sviluppo – a CNR research lab in Roma, Italy
- Ana Alcantud and Bettina Schaefer at Ecoinstitut Barcelona – Barcelona, Spain
- Ruth Mourik, Ynke Feenstra, Harm Jeeninga and Rob Raven at ECN – Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands, Petten, the Netherlands
- Gisela Prasad at ERC – the Energy Research Centre – faculty of Engineering, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Eric Jolivet at IAE de Toulouse – Institut d’Administration des Entreprises – Toulouse, University of Social Science, France
- Anna Oniszk at IEO – Polish Institute of Renewable Energy ltd - Warsaw, Poland
- Maria Maack at INE – Icelandic New Energy ltd – Reykjavik, Iceland
- Jozsef Fucsko at MAKK – the Hungarian Environmental Economics Centre – Budapest, Hungary
- Eva Heiskanen at NCRC – National Consumer Research Centre – Helsinki, Finland
- Bettina Brohmann, Katja Hünecke, Uwe Fritsche and Dierk Bauknecht at Oeko-Institut e.v – Institute for applied Ecology – Freiburg, Germany
- Mike Hodson and Simon Marvin at SURF – Research Centre for Urban and Regional Futures- University of Salford, Manchester, United Kingdom
If you have any questions concerning the ESTEEM tool, you can contact the coordinator.